Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Whole Month in Argentina - Monday, February 7, 2011

Hola Family!
 
I can´t believe I´ve been in Argentina for an entire month.  At some points it feels like an eternity, others I look back on it and I can´t believe it.  Things have kind of been the same this week.  We work really hard and are experiencing a lot of blessings.  We tract a ton.  It´s a pretty good source for new investigators but we´re running out of doors to knock.  Hermana Olsen has been here for a while in this area so she´s knocked pretty much every door.  We are trying to find new sources, I think we´re going to start English classes.  Things are going well with Stella and Miguel.  Athough for a while there last week we were a little scared.  Wow Satan has so much power over people who are trying to progress.  He worked on that family so hard, Stella even brought up the fact that she was maybe going to go back to fortune telling.  My experience with this family has taught me so much.  It has taught me how grateful I am for the way I was raised.  You guys are seriously the best.  It has also taught me what I don´t want to do in my future family.  Last week we found this woman named Laura, she´s the bomb!!!  She´s a single mom with 3 kids, so we´ll see where that goes.  The family of 7 that we found in the rainstorm told us that they are Catholic, their family is Catholic.  But they see the corruption and problems with the Catholic church.  We have faith that that is our way in, they are looking for the way and at least they are still talking to us.  

Today we went on a hike.  It´s called San Lorenzo, the view was awesome! It looks over the whole city of Salta! We went with the Zone.  Last week we went to a huge Catholic church here in Salta.  It was beautiful. But there were more satues of the Virgin Mary than of Jesus.  The Catholic church has such a hold on the hearts of the people down here.  It´s almost a part of their very fibers...very much a part of their traditions.  Anyway, it gets frustrating to deal with.  My Spanish is improving daily.  I wish I could say I understand everything and that after a month I´m fluent.  But I´m not, these things take time.  That´s a struggle. This whole experience has been rough, but I know that my Heavenly Father has been right there with me.  I have never known Christ so well, or had this good of a relationship with Him in my life.  I am so gratful for the things I have learned out here on my mission.  I am a different person, I don´t think you´d recognize me. Anyway, I just want you all to know that I know that this is true with all of my heart.  I couldn´t have done all of this without that knowledge.  It´s that knowledge that gets us through whatever hardship that comes our way.  This is the Gospel of happiness, of true and lasting happiness.  I know that with all of my heart.  I love all of you, more than words can say. Thanks for all of the words of love and encouragement! 

Love you,

Hermana Wendy Evans 

No comments:

Post a Comment