Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Transfer Down... - March 21, 2011

Hey Family,

I guess this week is birthday week for all of you huh? HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM DAD & AL BAL!!! Dang it I wish that I was there with all of you.  I can´t believe I´m famous and in the Deseret News and I´m not even there to see it. People from the Deseret News just came in one day and started randomly taking pictures of us...I can´t believe I actually made it in there. 

Transfers were today.  Looks like I´m staying in Portezuelo 2 with Hermana Olsen.  This is her last transfer so we knew we were pretty much secure in being with each other again.  It´s crazy because the other two Hermanas in our apartment, Hermana Jensen and Hermana Lara stayed together as well.  This hardly ever happens.  So that´s pretty exciting.    Anyways so life is pretty much going to stay the same here in Salta. 

This week was an interesting one.  Everyone in the apartment got deathly ill except for me.  Hermana Olsen had a really bad stomach infection, Hermana Lara (who is from Nicaragua spelling) had a really bad allergic reaction to something, and Hermana Jensen got a really bad cold with a fever of over 100.  I´m just the exempt one I guess, anyways so we spent a lot of time in the apartment this week. 

These last couple of weeks have been really difficult because everyone just started school here and no one wants to listen to us.  So we knock doors for hours and no one will let us in.  Let´s just say there have been a huge drop in the numbers the last few weeks.  We are still working with Stella and Miguel.  They have just stopped progressing, we´re going over tonight and having a conversation with them about priorities.  They are just getting so caught up in other things.  The bad thing is that you love these people so much that you start to get caught up in all of their family problems, their money problems etc... but in all reality, it isn´t stuff we should be getting caught up in.  Our primary responsibility isn´t to advise them about all of that, just to teach the Gospel.  We´ll see what happens I guess.  We are working with a single mom named Laura.  It´s kind of funny because the Lord seems to send missionaries to people right before they need it.  A few days after we started talking to her, her Grandma died.  She´s super depressed but her kids love to learn. Anyways, we´ll see what happens there. 

Our new mission President is native Argentine.  He´s from Santa Fe, that´ll be interesting to see the changes he makes.  President Northcutt is pretty strict, but in a good way.  I´ve just heard that the natives are a bit more lax.  That change will happen in July I guess.

Today was a good P-day we went and shopped at one of the shopping centers in Downtown Salta. I bought a few things, today was the first day that I have bought stuff so that was fun.  Anways, sorry this is short, we just spent a lot of time in the apartment this week so not a lot happened.  Thanks for sending the box, I´ll be looking for it in the next few days.  Please keep checking my bank account.  I love you all! Happy birthday.  I really do love all of you.  Tell Grandpa Evans thanks so much for the letter.  Give him a big kiss for me.  Tell him I don´t know much about the cattle herds here because I´m in the city, but that it does snow here.  Eww... not looking forward to that, but it´s better than heat I guess.  Haha! Love you all!

Love,

Hermana Wendy Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment