Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 28, 2011

Hey Family,

How are all of you? I hope you are all well. 

You´ll have to remember to watch the TV program in between conference sessions because they are doing a thing about the MTC there too.  I might be on it, I know for sure that Elder Forkey from my MTC District is.  That´s crappy about BYU, oh well, Sweet 16 is pretty good.  I can´t believe it´s snowing there still.  Mom I still haven´t gotten your package.  Let´s just say that the Argentine mail system is less than efficient.  I should get it in the next week or so hopefully. 

This week has been a pretty good one for the area.  Things are starting to turn around in Portezuelo.  We are now able to get into doors where a few weeks ago we weren´t.  We are also just now seeing the results of some of our work a couple of weeks ago when we thought nothing was happening in the area.  People are walking up to us left and right that we contacted a few weeks ago.  It just goes to show that work you do doesn´t always produce immediate results.  Our numbers were almost doubled from last week to this week so that´s good news. 

We have also started English classes, we only had one person come but a lot of people here are interested in learning.  Argentines are interesting people.  They are pretty prideful in the fact that they are Argentine, but I think a lot of them are jealous in what we have.  I don´t know that´s a personal observation.

We are still working with Stella and Miguel.  Life is pretty complicated with them right now though.  They are fighting a lot and they just moved their store from their house to another place down the street.  They have stopped coming to church and don´t really have a desire to get married anymore.  They are lacking in the faith area.  Sometimes I just want to shake them, but things that are completely obvious to us aren´t to them.  That´s where patience comes into play I guess.  President Northcutt said that the church down here is equivelent to what it was in the states 100 years ago.  They are still learning, a lot of the members struggle with things too.  It´s not uncommon to see them in a bakery buying stuff a few minutes before church starts.  We are just praying the Stella and Miguel gain the faith to continue on.  We have been blessed a lot with really great investigators this week though.  One of them read half of the Book of Mormon in like 2 weeks.  So things in the area are turning around. 

Wow this is the hardest thing that I´ve ever had to do.  Through all of the hard times that I´ve had though I know one thing.  I know without a doubt that this is God´s church and that Joseph Smith restored it. I know that without a doubt, this knowledge and the help of great people are the only things that have gotten me through this experience.  I am so gratful for a family that taught me these things.  I just want to say thank you to all of you.  I love you.

Love, Hermana Wendy Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment