Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 5, 2011

Como Estan Familia?
 
I hope everything is going well for all of you.  Sounds like everyone's New year's was rockin'. Sounds like there was a lot of snowboarding that went on.  You all know how much I don't feel bad about missing out on that one! Haha!  I miss you guys though! I feel bad about the dress thing too dad.  Dad I want a dress that I can say my dad bought me.  Don't worry about it if you don't have time though.  I can't believe you guys ended up goin to Vegas.  You just couldn't handle it could ya?! Haha! It sounds like ya'll had fun though.  Thanks again for all the letters and everything.  Again- I'm trying to get you all written back.
There's not really a lot that happened this week.  Thanks so much Cec for the party in a box.  We had a ton of fun with it! My roommates and I and the sisters from upstairs got together and had a little party.  We ended up going to bed at like 10:30.  Exciting huh?  I guess the Elders from our District got a surprise at midnight when the Elders from Russia went nuts at midnight! Haha! They're crazy!
Gosh I can't believe how fast this week flew.  This week I finally feel like I've made some head-way with Spanish.   I can actually write sentences with correctly conjugated verbs.  In Spanish everything is centered around verb conjugation.  The trick is learning how when why to use a verb.  One word can be conjugated a ton of different ways.  Anyway I just feel like I'm getting it.  It's just a ton of memorization at this point. I need Cade to write me and give me some advice about how to learn this stuff.
Anyways it's coming a little bit at at a time.  I'm just working on my perfectionist  attitude.  When learning a language you'll always come up short.  It's having the faith that God will be there to fill in the holes with the Spirit.  More often than not converts won't remember what the missionaries said, they'll remember how they felt.  That's what I'm working on, relying on the Lord more.  I'm learning a ton.  My grasp on the Scriptures is 100% better and I just have learning to do. 
I still love my companion and District.  We have the best time together.  Dad, in gym I've started just messing around with a basketball.  My shot is incredible, if I do say so myself.  Haha!
We just got back from the temple gosh I love that place.  I got the strongest impression that God loves me, he is completely aware of everything that I'm going through and no matter what happens He loves me and just wants me to be happy.  Words cannot express what I felt today in the temple.  
Next week we have to teach a lesson completely in Spanish -   I have a tough week of learning Spanish ahead of me.  Man I wish I would've learned  more.  Anyways - Mom are you working on my yellow card? I need to know.  I have a few weird requests.  Will you send me my black heals with the strap across them?  Also will you send me a few boxes of cereal.  Like oatmeal squares or something?
 
Thanks, I love you all!
 
Hermana Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment