Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 12, 2010

Hey Family,

What's happening? I'm having a hard time thinking of stuff to write because not a whole lot happened this week.  I just ran into Josh Curtis though! That's exciting!  He looks good. Mom the reason I wanted to ask you about the Jill story is because you'd be really surprised at what a converting point that is.  People aren't generally looking for the Gospel when they don't have questions about life or when things are going just fine for them.  I really can't believe how many people get converted because of that one subject.  That doctrine is pretty unique to our church. 

Last night Elder Holland came to the  MTC.  Holy cow I was blown away. He is such an amazing speaker and a lot of what he had to say was exactly what I needed to hear.  He said, "We live in a troubled world and you are the Hope of Israel at just 19." Um. Whoa! He also said "I stand all amazed at what missionary work is in this church.  God has his full trust in you." He also talked about how we cannot convert others until we are converted.  That means that we will stay faithful through out our entire lives.  Preach my Gospel came about because President Hinckley was really distressed by the fact that so many RM's were going inactive.  President Holland said again, "You will break my heart and the heart of God if you fall away from the Gospel."  He said all of this in the powerful President Holland way.  He said more.  He's an amazing speaker really. 

Other than that I've just been studying Spanish really hard.  Gosh learning a language is so frustrating.  I'm learning a lot and speaking more each and everyday.  That's the key to learning a language, just speak it. 

I'm sending my SD card tomorrow I think.   I'm going to record a video of me speaking Spanish.  You're probably going to think, whoa she's been there that long and can only speak that much.  Just warning you it's going to sound rough.  Mom I got your package on Saturday.  How's that for next day delivery?   I got Cheryl's on Monday.  I think I'm good for food until the end of the year.  Haaha! Thanks I really appreciate it! 

BEAV IS ENGAGED and no one had the courtesy to tell me.  Thanks guys! I just got a letter from her yesterday.  That would happen, 3 weeks after I go into the MTC.  Sheesh... What else is going on at home?  Parowan's Birthday eh? haha!

It's been soooooo cold here.  I'm glad we  don't spend much time outside because seriously I would freeze to death in this dress.  Sorry I don't have much else to say, like I said it's been a pretty slow week.  Anyways, Cher be looking for my SD card like Friday or Saturday.  I love you all.  Thanks for all the prayers!

Love,
Hermana Wendy Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment