Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 19, 2011

Sorry this is a little late.  We are so excited to get Wendy's letters every week and are so happy that she is doing so well.  As of last Wednesday she only had 2.5 weeks left in the MTC...CRAZY!  She sent pictures home last week as well, I'll try to post some this week. 

Hey everyone!

Como Estan? This week has been so great.  The Lord has blessed me so much.  This week is truly the first week that I have felt whole since being in the MTC.  It's like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.  I am just enjoying the MTC journey now!  Ah! I have such a grateful heart right now.  Thank you for all of the love and support that you have given me! It’s really hard to believe this, but my love for my family and friends has grown 100 fold!  I just cannot express to you the joy that is in my heart right now.  All I can tell you is that I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are so aware of us! They really just want us to succeed.  The problems I was having with the language and things haven't really changed, it's just my outlook that has changed.  I just know now that there is a difference between being a perfectionist and becoming perfect in Christ.  Through all that I have learned I feel like I can go out and conquer the world.  I know there are still tough times to come, but I also know that a miracle isn't that far behind.  I seriously can’t wait to get out and share that with the people of Argentina!

This week we taught our first lesson in Spanish.  Sister Cameron did so well! I am still learning to open my mouth, but it's coming.  We can do anything when we have the Lord with us and when we are truly focused on something other than ourselves! I know that to be true.  Other than that, it's been a pretty basic week.  Our District is the oldest in our Zone.  Only 19 days left!!! Can you believe that!?! I sure can't!  Time is such a weird thing! I feel like it's on time warp- I honestly can't believe in less than 3 weeks I will be in Argentina

Cheryl guess who I just saw at the Provo temple this morning? Stacey Kay! It was sooooo good to see him.  I hugged him.  I hope I don't get thrown out of the MTC for that! Ahh it was so good to see him!  I also saw Sister Petersen, you'll have to tell Cub and Shelb... I still haven't heard from him yet!
It was so good to hear that you all had a nice Martin Luther King Day! Just business as usual for us! AHHHHH! My nephews are getting so big!!!! It made me sad yesterday to think, about all I am missing, but I know the Lord will make up that time for me somehow. 

I hope all is well for all of you! I love you so much! I can't even express the love I have for you and this church.  I know it to be true with all my soul and I'm just excited to share it with the people of Argentina!

Love you,

Hermana Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment