Friday, February 11, 2011

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hola Family!

Can you believe that I'm in my last week at the MTC.  Holy cow! I never thought that this day would ever come.  I got my flight plans! We leave on Monday, we leave the MTC at 11:30 and we leave Salt Lake at 3 PM.  We have an hour lay-over in Dallas Texas then a 16 hour flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina.  We stay in Buenos Aires for a day for visa processing and then we fly to Salta.  I've heard that Salta is pretty remote so i really might not make it to my area until Wednesday or Thursday.  I'll email you as soon as I can though.  I need you to DearElder me and tell me you got this email.  It's an assignment from our Branch President that we hear back from you about it. 
Dad I got the dresses! Everyone is so impressed that you have such great taste! I'm really sad that I have to send the brown one back, it just doesn't fit.  I was super sad! But I love the other two.  So thank you Daddy! I have the best family in the whole world! Thanks for the backpack and the duffle bag mom! I love the backpack and the duffle bag will work great! 
This week has been a really tough one.  I know right, I've gotten hit with about everything the MTC can throw at me so how can it get worse.  Well my companion, the one I love so much from Morgan left the MTC.  I'm pretty much heart broken right now.  I'm with the two other sisters in my District but things just aren't the same.  I miss Sister Cameron.  I didn't get a chance to learn a lot of Spanish this last week because I was trying to help Sister Cameron figure some things out.  But you know, that's okay.  I have learned so much in the last week.  I have come to find out what a mission is really about.  It's just loving God's children, wether it be our companions, our investigators, members, whatever.  I didn't know that I had this capacity to love someone that I just met 10 weeks ago.  Sister Cameron is an amazing person! She taught me so much! She taught me what I'm really here to learn, that's Charity.  I miss her, but she's going home to fulfill a different kind of mission.  Anyways, so I'm sad.  It kinda scared me these last couple of days, I really don't want to fall into the state that I was in a few weeks ago, especially right before I leave.  I wrote you a letter mom explaining all of this, but I sent it to the house.  So look for it when you get home.
I'm going to miss the Elders from my District so much! They are going to another mission in Argentina.  It's going to break my heart to say goodbye to them on Monday.  It's going to be really hard to say goodbye to all of my teachers here too, I've really come to appreciate them.  Heck, let's face it, I'm going to miss America! haha!
The Spanish I know isn't as good as it should be, but you know what, that's okay.  The Lord has accepted my sacrifice and will continue to support me.  I'm just really excited to get out of the MTC.  These next couple of months are going to be difficult, but one thing I've learned here is that a miracle isn't very far away.  As long as I'm looking for those and not focusing on myself, I'll be okay.  I just have tendencies of taking life way to seriously.  But you all know that! haha! 
Mom in my letter I asked for a pouch thing that Aunt Mary Kay carried around Europe.  They've warned us about Argentina, it's a pretty sure thing that we'll get mugged at some point.  I just want my travel documents to be safe, so if you have time send one my way. 
Thanks for all of the updates.  PLEASE keep them coming.  I just love hearing from all of you! I just want you to know that I love all of you.  All of your faith, prayers, and examples are the reason that I'm doing what I am doing.  Even though I get frustrated, I know that this is where I am supposed to be.  This mission is meant to change me,  I need this, my life wouldn't be enough without this experience.  Thank you! I love you! I'm really excited to talk with you on Monday!! Woot! Sometimes I look at time and it seems to be flying, before I know it I will be with you all again.  Love you!

Hermana Wendy Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment